Hair weaves from corpses are filled with flesh-eating worms
Here's a nice Halloween story for you. Irene Myangoh, a nice young lady working for a law firm in Nairobi, went to a swanky salon to get her hair did. She got herself an expensive weave put in made from human hair and all was well for a few weeks.
A fortnight later, she found she had a rotten headache and went to the doctors and after a bout of medication, it wouldn't go away. She ended up having blood tests and brain scans until she ended up getting her scalp checked.
The doctor found worms burrowing into her skull which had hatched after eggs which were found in the weave, hatched. It was deduced that these flesh devouring worms came from a corpse (these worms are apparently only found in cadavers).
This means there's a clutch of ladies walking around with corpse hair, potentially about to have their scalps eaten by worms. And you think this is just some African problem? Think again. The manager of the salon where Irene got her weave said: "I am shocked to hear this because this is the first time such a thing is happening to my clients. I will get more information from my supplier because we import these weaves from the UK, USA and India."
These weaves are already in the UK, which means you might be getting your hair did, or indeed, getting off with someone with a weave, and you might find worms gnawing at your skin. Delightful.
And there are increasing numbers of cases regarding this. One young lady didn't notice spider eggs in her hair and they hatch and bit her 'til she died.
Happy Halloween everyone. Enjoy throwing your lunch up.
TOPICS: UK News