TfL announce ticket office closure timetable

5 December 2014

london underground tube Transport for London (TfL) have announced their timetable for the closure of ticket offices. Or as the PR calls it 'ticket hall scheduled transformation'. Urgh.

TfL had announced that they were planning on closing a large percentage of their ticket offices, and will turn the remainder into travel information centres.

There's already been strikes over this issue, with over 900 staff looking at unemployment, so if you found it irritating to get help in some stations, you're buggered now.

Imagine being off your tits at 3am when the all-night tubes start running next September, and the machine's broken. Never mind, you can ask a... oh.

The first ticket offices to be closed will be Chigwell, Embankment, Queensway, Roding Valley, Shepherds Bush, South Wimbledon, Temple, Theydon Bois and Upminster Bridge, starting in February.

Expect about a month's work of disruption, with some stations requiring slightly longer, however Tfl have said that Green Park and Baker Street will be disrupted for four months. Expect closures, queues and discomfort. Oh hang on, you're probably used to that already.

TfL reckons 85% of the work will be finished by the end of next year, and the remaining 15% will be no more by April 2016 at the earliest.

TOPICS:   Travel

What do you think?

Connect with Facebook, Twitter, or just enter your email to sign in and comment.

Your comment