Obligatory Apple Smartwatch article
Apple, as you'll know, have announced things about their smartwatch. By law, we're obliged to write about it or someone will kick down our door and thrash us to within an inch of our lives.
So, if you're interested in the new Apple device and want to start queueing up right now, here's what you need to know:
- It'll cost you $349 for the smaller one. $399 for the larger one.
- It'll be available to pre-order in Europe and America on April 10th and you'll be able to buy it from April 24th.
- There's a solid gold one and which will cost you loads of money. If you need to ask 'how much?' then you're not wealthy enough to buy one.
- The phone will be like a second screen for your iPhone, which means you can leave your phone in your pocket if you like.
- You'll be able to control your settings and that via a dedicated iPhone app.
- There'll be loads of voice controlled stuff.
- The watch will log the rate of your heart and an accelerometer which will track how active you are.
- Apple CEO Tim Cook says: "In addition to being a beautiful object, the Apple watch is the most advanced timepiece ever created; it’s a revolutionary way to connect to others; and it’s a comprehensive health and fitness companion. We make products that enhance people’s lives, and the Apple Watch carries that to a new level. [It] tracks your daily movement, and it even reminds you if you’ve been sitting too long. It’s like having a coach on your wrist."
- The phone's battery will last for 18 hours of typical use.
If you need to know anything else, then surely you know how the internet works so you can salivate over every single minuscule detail of Apple's new smartwatch