The Scottish are best at finding excuses for not paying rent
The Letting Protection Service Scotland questioned landlords across the country and the excuse voted best was: "I have a phobia about touching my cheque book" followed by "my father died", especially when it had been used more than once.
Director of the organisation Kevin Firth said: "There are certainly some entertaining answers there. But at the end of the day they are all just excuses and excuses don't wash."
"The same can be said about deposit protection. There'll be no excuses for Scottish landlords and letting agents after May 15. All deposits need to be protected by that date."
Let us not forget though, landlords are all dreadful, dreadful arseholes. Anyway, here's the top 10 weird excuses, as voted by Scottish landlords:
1. I have a phobia about touching my cheque book.
2. My father died - for the third time.
3. A dog ate my rent money.
4. My pet died and I have to pay the funeral costs.
5. I need the cash for my Rangers season ticket.
6. It's Christmas and I've had to buy presents.
7. I had to pay a bank tax.
8. I spent the money at the bookies.
9. I'm saving for a holiday.
10. The money fell out of my pocket.