Toddler gets Frankie & Benny's whisky surprise on his birthday
Poor Sonny Rees was the victim in question, when he was accidentally given a large glass of whisky (albeit watered down) instead of the fruit juice that he usually prefers.
His mum Nina describes the scene thus: “We went to the restaurant just after midday and I had ordered him lime juice and water, his favourite. The drinks arrived and I was encouraging him to take sips because he was eating salty things. We had finished our first course when we noticed he was pulling a face as he was drinking.
"I took it from him and took a sip myself. It was whisky, I would say a double. As soon as I sipped it I had the slight burny feeling in my throat and warming in my chest. Sonny had taken about 10 sips - he was obviously intoxicated. I immediately went into a panic and a rage - I was crying my eyes out."
Once Nina had realised what had happened, she took Sonny to a local A&E. After being checked out and given lots of strong coffee, he was given the all-clear and allowed to go home.
So that’s Frankie & Benny’s and Costa Coffee that appear to be waging war on out children. Are they safe ANYWHERE?