The lottery just got much harder to win
Play the National Lottery? Well, things are being changed, which might make you think twice, as it will be much more difficult to get anything out of it. Now, there's just a 1 in 45 million chance of winning the jackpot, as ten more numbers have been added, meaning you select from 59 numbers as opposed to the usual 49.
The ticket price isn't changing and you'll still get £25 for matching three numbers, only now, it'll be harder to pick three correct numbers.
So what are the changes?
- Players will now pick out of 59 numbers.
- Matching two balls will win you a free play.
- Match three balls and you can claim £25.
- Match four balls to win £100.
- Five matches will earn you £1,000
- Five and the bonus ball will win an estimated £50,000
- And all six will mean the jackpot is all yours.
This is expected to come into play in October.