Asda's webcams - more boring than www.paintdrying.com

1 October 2009

Asda are super-keen to keep in touch with you, the consumer, and in the spirit of transparency, married to the technology of 1997, they’ve added some still-picture webcams to their exciting, vibrant Your Asda website. The concept is like something your grandad would come up with down at OAP's computer club in the local library.

Today, the action comes to you live from a dairy supplier in Lockerbie, a carrot processing plant near Selby, and the atrium at Asda House in Leeds. We were glued to the live feed for almost two minutes earlier and got to see some carrots, some people and the lower half of a cow’s leg.

We much preferred the beta version that came out last month, where the nightshift kid ran around pissing in the bins and licking raw chickens but there you go…

milking

9 comments

  • iCock
    What a moo-ving story.
  • NobbyB
    That cow is dead by now.
  • zeddy
    Why is the cow's leg called Spot?
  • Gunn
    Where is the rest of it?
  • Arty F.
    Its like a robocow - half machine half cows legs. Well not half actually it looks like the majority of it (say 90%) is machine leaving the other 10% to be cows legs. A bit pointless actually, the only thing the legs seem to be doing is rubbing muck into that mat thingy.
  • pauski
    zeddy, its name is Merlin - only the leg is called Spot.
  • zeddy
    @pauski: That's fuckin' magic!
  • bob
    ed is gay
  • Carool F.
    These pplare just Smartasses, they made such a good with super multiplayer options. If I could pick on eof all the games out here I would take this one!

What do you think?

Connect with Facebook, Twitter, or just enter your email to sign in and comment.

Your comment