Obligatory iPhone post - App Store turns 1 on Saturday
Yes, it's true! We can scarcely contain our excitement! The App Store is one year old on Saturday, so to celebrate we're throwing a street party and you're all invited! Can't get along? Then no doubt you'll want to organise your own to celebrate. Here are some hints to get you started:
- Get together with some neighbours and plan the party. Share out the tasks; don't try and do it all yourself. There's an app for that. Quite a few, actually.
- Decide where the party is going to be. It’s best to get together in somebody’s garden, driveway or house, but try and choose somewhere you can steal a neighbour's wifi to download new apps.
- Think about the food and drink. Do you want a BBQ or sandwiches and cakes? After all, we all love apps but we can't eat them!
- Think about the ages of your neighbours. How are you going to occupy them? Is anybody good at face painting, for example? Of course they're not. They'll only look like an sad lonely tiger that doesn't own an iPhone. Best to share yours and let them play a new game from the App Store.
- Go round to see your neighbours the weekend before and give them a final reminder of what you’re planning. Try and make sure you don't have too many duplicate apps between you, or you'll spoil the fun of comparing countless pages of crap you've bought and never used.