NutriBullet scars woman for life after exploding

8 July 2015

nutribullet You might think that the NutriBullet is the greatest thing ever invented, because it is... well... it's a food blender. You make smoothies with it. Like all the other food blenders. Anyway, they're really popular these days as people flood your social networks with their infuriating wellness.

Not the case for one lady who is scarred for life after her NutriBullet exploded.

Tysha Stapleton bought the processor of food for £100 (!!!) and said that, by the second time she used it, it stopped working. Now, a normal person would grab their receipt and return the thing. Not our Tysha. She took the blender off its motor and tried to unscrew it.

That's when she heard a bang, with the blender exploding in her face.

She told the Metro (who also have photos of her injuries and the mess of an exploded NutriBullet): "It isn't supposed to be hot but it must have heated up on its own and exploded. The pain was horrific. I could feel my skin burning."

"I thought I was blind. My skin was melting off my face."

NutriBullet spokespeople said that they would be looking into why all this happened, and that they "ensure the very highest quality standards are adhered to."

Of course, the injuries here aren't a laughing matter, but seriously, if you have a NutriBullet with a fault, you'd be very wise to return it to where you bought it from, for a refund or replacement.

TOPICS:   High Street News


  • Martin Sounds just like what happened here, apart from the bit where the user admits to putting in hot items!!
  • jack M.
    "but it must have heated up on its own and exploded." BullShit She "Probably put hot liquids or carbonated liquids in the thing! No way would the motor driver shaft generate enough heat through the blades to do that.. Unless she ran it for more than 1 min. Which the manual tells you never to exceed that time.
  • jack M.
    Yep and she is not going to admit that as it would kill her compo claim..
  • Big M.
    I presume the canister didn't explode, it seems visible and intact in the photo. I suppose the contents exploded when she opened the lid and released the presure created from heat. The shitty Brown mess left, could that have been soup... Hot soup...?
  • Thesa
    The same thing happened to me, and I'm scared for life, all from the nutribullet.

What do you think?

Connect with Facebook, Twitter, or just enter your email to sign in and comment.

Your comment