Toyota reveal recalled UK cars
Toyota have finally announced the UK-based cars that will be recalled due to a faulty accelerator pedal. If you own any of the following vehicles, you’d better start clearing out the glove compartment because it will soon be wrestled from your grip and pulped into a cube.
• Aygo (Feb 2005 – Aug 2009)
• iQ (Nov 2008 – Nov 2009)
• Yaris (Nov 2005 – Sep 2009)
• Auris (Oct 2006 – 5 Jan 2010)
• Corolla (Oct 2006 – Dec 2009)
• Verso (Feb 2009 – 5 Jan 2010)
• Avensis (Nov 2008 – Dec 2009)
• RAV4 (Nov 2005 – Nov 2009)
Obviously we made all that stuff up about the cars being pulped because we’re a bunch of scaremongering morons but if you do own any of the cars in question, Toyota have more info for you at their website, where they say they will be contacting affected customers.
Pedestrians, if you see a Toyota coming down the road in your direction, dive into the nearest hedge as it is almost certainly out of control and headed straight for your precious bones.
Sorry, more scaremongering there.