Behold... Steve Blag's Supermarket Drop!
Earlier today, in the comments section of our Someone Else Will Put It Back piece, avid Bitterwallet reader Steve Blag shared with us the rules of a supermarket game he enjoys playing. As it’s normally only mentalists who leave/read comments on websites, we felt that Steve’s game deserved a platform of its own.
He calls it ‘Steve Blag’s Supermarket Drop’ and of it, he says…
It goes like this. Whenever someone fucks me over in a supermarket (based on anything from looks, attire, hitting me with trolley, the light hitting them wrong, overwhelming whiff of patchouli oil), I find an object to put in their trolley. My wife and I have a cobbled together points system, but it’s fucking great.
Some examples – a side of ham for a hippy-looking type; condoms or Durex ‘play’ for a couple; something very organic for the pikey family who’ve only bought frozen blue-stripe crap… you get the idea.
Extra points are obtained if:
1) They actually buy it
2) You manage to put a heavy object in a basket, not a trolley
3) You manage (as my friend did once) to slam-dunk a coconut into someone’s handbag (he missed the trolley)
4) You get busted and manage to blag your way out of it
5) You start a row between a couple
6) You start a row when a parent accuses their child of putting things into the trolley.
7) You manage to add obscene quantities of something they already have.
Basically, you can make up the rules as you go along as long as you get very little shopping done yourself and generally cause problems for anyone who pisses you off.
You heard it here first. Try it. You’ll love it.
OBVIOUSLY, we cannot condone any aspect of this extremely anti-social game. We just thought you might like to read about it.
Let us know how you get on eh? Extra points for video footage.