New iPad announced. It's got new stuff in it and that.
So, the new iPad is here, as announced by some boffins somewhere in the world a short time ago. It doesn't seem to have a name so we're calling it Ian Pad. Here's the main points...
* Available from 16th March – pre-ordering available from today.
* 16, 32 and 64GB versions, starting at $499 (UK pricing to be comfirmed).
* 2048 x 1536... 3.1m pixels – a million more pixels than your common or garden HD TV.
* Retina display – as first seen on the iPhone 4.
* A5X quadcore graphics.
* An iSight camera (5MP)
* HD video recording.
* Voice dictation. A bit like Siri, but not.
* 4g/LTE – which means nothing to us here in the UK at the moment.
* 10 hour battery life (9 hours on 4G)
* Bundled with iWork and with free updates available if you’ve already bought it.
If that’s not enough for you, you can get more detailed info from our smartypants mates over at Gizmodo.