Smarties are just glovely
Nestlé have had to say sorry to a family from Derry after they found a pair of grotty gloves in their massive tube of Smarties. Glenn McIntyre bought the tooth-melting tube for hi sons to open on Christmas morning.
Glenn said: "My wee boy thought at first we had stuffed them in there but of course we hadn't. The tube had been sealed and we were really shocked to find the gloves. They were really manky - with rubber palms - the kind of heavy duty gloves you would expect a workman to wear."
After Nestlé investigated the claim, they confessed that the gloves were "similar to those used" within their packing area and now they are very sorry, but probably rather glad that someone was getting in touch about something that wasn't a reference to their trying to make pregnant African women not breastfeed.
The company sent the McIntyre family a cheque for £200, which Glenn can now spend on drink, to forget this terrifying ordeal.