£120 cashback from Virgin Media: deadline today
The Hot UK Deals community has sussed out a terrific deal from Virgin. If you were thinking of signing up for a Virgin Media cable bundle, now is the time. Sign up through Quidco, and you'll get £120 cash back, which is double what you usually get.
This applies to all Virgin cable packages. If you sign up for landline, weekend calls, TV, and broadband through Quidco, your monthly rate is brought down to £13.33 per month with the current free installation deal and a bonus £20 on your online bill, which is not that much more than the £11.25 you'd pay for just a landline.
There are a few things to keep in mind, however.
1. You have to join Quidco first. There is an annual subscription cost of £5. This is not charged to you, but taken from your Quidco earnings. After you're registered, use the Quidco links to Virgin. This way, Quidco will track your actions on Virgin and your purchase will be registered with Quidco in your account.
2. If you've visited Virgin's website recently, you may have a cookie on your computer that would prevent the sale from being registered to Quidco. You'll need to delete the cookie if you have it.
3. If you read the HUKD thread, Virgin has let customers down in the past when it comes to cashbacks. Also, cashbacks are a bonus, and not a right, so do take that into account.
4. Once you sign up via Quidco, you'll see a £65 credit on the site. Quidco confirmed that the rest will show up after installation.
5. Making calls to mobile phones with Virgin is expensive, so factor that into your decision.
6. Friday, June 5 (which is today) is the deadline, so hurry and hop on board!