Any other business? 11th October 2008
Here a selection of the BW Roundup for Saturday:
1. Buy-to-let new-build flats see biggest falls [This Is Money]
Hit by hard and fast tumbling house prices, new research from mouseprice.com lists the top 10 falls across the country.
2. Over 1 billion pounds of British money frozen in the iceland. [Reuters]
Dr. Evil smirks.
3. All while The Financial Times reports that Topshop / BHS owner Sir Philip Green is looking at making a pretty big fortune. [BBC]
5. Safe sales soar as savers hoard cash [Daily Telegraph]
Savers are withdrawing cash and keeping it at home.
6. No surprise there, as oil's outlook darkens, going below $80 for the first time in a year [Forbes]
7. More people seeking debt advice [BBC]
Ah, the Citizens Advice Bureau have been kept pretty busy. Thanks to the worsening credit crunch.