Jagermeister pool party poisons punters

Those blessed folks at Jagermeister have worked miracles with their product - they turned a rancid, old-fashioned digestif into something young, fashionable people want to neck on nights out. Basically, Jager is the thing you drink when you want to get absolutely wrecked.

With that, the company decided to have a pool party in Mexico and someone thought it'd be a fun idea to create a fine fog over the water, because it'd look cool.

However, to create the mist, they poured liquid nitrogen into the water!

Anyone with a vague grasp of science will know that the end result was not good. Not good at all.

Basically, the pool water was turned into poison with a toxic cloud being created as the liquid reacted with the chlorine, creating nitrogen trichloride.

Nitrogen trichloride is basically something that deprives a human of oxygen. It's a knock-out gas, in short. Party-goers went from braying and whooping to dry-heaving and passing out. Eight people ended up in hospital while one of them even ended up in a coma!

A Jagermeister spokesman said: "We are aware of this incident in Leon, Mexico, which is currently being investigated by our headquarters here in Germany. We are liaising with the responsible distributor in Mexico who is working with the event organisers and the investigating authorities to understand the full circumstances surrounding the events last Saturday night. We fully support responsible drinking and adhere to the guidelines within each market in which we operate."

Party on, Wayne!

1 comment

  • Dacouch
    Forgive me but is "Party-goers went from braying and whooping to dry-heaving and passing out. Eight people ended up in hospital" what normally happens anyway when you neck Jager bombs.

What do you think?

Your comment