Screw gold, we’re saving up for some Mars rock

January 18th, 2012 6 Comments By Andy Dawson

Red planet thumb 300x225 Screw gold, were saving up for some Mars rockThey say that gold is a good bet if you’re looking for a safe and steady investment but we poo-pooh that. Anyone can get their hands on stupid old gold. The REALLY hyper-desirable investment these days is an ACTUAL PIECE OF MARS.

It’s been confirmed by boffins at NASA that 15 pounds of Mars rock fell to Earth six months ago, with the bits landing in Morocco. It’s only the fifth time that pieces of the red planet have made it here and collectors have gone gaga for it, with the stuff selling for up to $22,500 an ounce.

If you were in Morocco in July, check your pockets – you might be a MILLIONAIRE!

1. Posted by Boris January 18, 2012 at 7:00 pm

One day I will rule Mars – with an iron fist.

2. Posted by Dick January 18, 2012 at 11:12 pm

Only the fifth time ever? When did records begin?

3. Posted by richard branson January 19, 2012 at 8:12 am

Records began in 1860 on the first ever gramaphones. Not sure how that’s relevant though.

4. Posted by Mike Hock January 19, 2012 at 11:30 am

My ‘friend’ Abdulah Jamal Singh, sold me an acre of Mars, when I’ve finished fitting my bin with the rocket boosters the ‘Libians’ sold me, I’m off to start diggin’ me some rock!

5. Posted by Christy January 19, 2012 at 7:34 pm

I went to Marrakech in October & can confirm that there was nothing remotely valuable there, it was a complete hole, and not one formed from Mars debris.

6. Posted by Bolivar Carrera September 2, 2012 at 3:22 pm

Dear Sir

I want to participate the discovery of an Martian rock, this rock is not an meteorite is
    some different, the weight is 3749 grams, you can find in this rock message about the
    position, rock material, the face in the rock is similar to the Martian face, the Martian
    rock was founded in The Cave of the Tayos in Ecuador, this rock has impressive messages,
    if you are interested on more information about it, please feel free to contact me anytime.

With best regards