Apple to make iPad3 announcement in March (try not to mention Foxconn)

February 14th, 2012 17 Comments By Mof Gimmers

Apple Logo Apple to make iPad3 announcement in March (try not to mention Foxconn)Apple will be announcing things about the iPad 3 on Wednesday, March 7th. Possibly. Nothing has been confirmed of course, but the sources leaking this information are making a lot of noise about this.

So what will be in the announcement? Well, if the mutterings are correct, the iPad 3 will have a quad-core processor and LTE compatibility. That’ll mean nothing to most of you and, in fairness, everyone at Bitterwallet too.

Basically, LTE offers faster data speeds than 3G and isn’t available in the UK yet. It seems likely that LTE may be held back ’til the next iPhone, but Apple may want to show-off to its rivals.

Other rumours also state that the new iPad will have a ‘retina display’, with an improved screen resolution of 2048 x 1536 pixels.

Meanwhile, before all this kicks off, Apple are carrying out inspections at their Shenzhen factory known as Foxconn City. That’s where loads of people committed suicide. ”We believe that workers everywhere have the right to a safe and fair work environment, which is why we’ve asked the FLA to independently assess the performance of our largest suppliers,” said Apple chief-exec Tim Cook said in a statement. “The inspections now underway are unprecedented in the electronics industry, both in scale and scope, and we appreciate the FLA agreeing to take the unusual step of identifying the factories in their reports.”

Over on the Mobot side of the office, Lewis has been throwing together all the iPad 3 rumours into one easy-digestable post, for your reading pleasure.

1. Posted by The FLA February 14, 2012 at 4:05 pm

We’re coming to inspect the BitterWallett offices tomorrow. DOn’t worry Mof; we’ll save you,

2. Posted by Dick February 14, 2012 at 4:29 pm

March or May Mof? I need to know. Now. I am wetting myself.

3. Posted by Tena February 14, 2012 at 4:32 pm

Hi Dick; you could visit one of our new bus-stop facilities to relieve yourself.

4. Posted by Dick February 14, 2012 at 4:36 pm

5. Posted by SgtMunky February 14, 2012 at 4:39 pm

Loaded up on AAPL Call contracts for March, even if they don’t release information, the hype of the possibility of information to the masses of geeks could cause a nice share price run

And some Put contracts to cover myself, because AAPL not releasing the iPhone 5 last year fucked me. Badly

6. Posted by Bill Gates February 14, 2012 at 4:58 pm

@SgtMunky – It ain’t geeks that salivate over new apple releases – Its wannabe hipsters. Geeks are a far more into Android. As a geek I know this to be true

7. Posted by Jamie February 14, 2012 at 5:11 pm

“Will it really be called the iPad3? That is so innovative of Apple. Fucking amazing.”

Don’t be stupid. It will be written with 100% more awesome than the standard 3.

It will be called the iPad³

8. Posted by Ted February 14, 2012 at 6:47 pm

Don’t worry no one will be HURT at Foxconn during apple independent investigation

9. Posted by SgtMunky February 15, 2012 at 7:47 am

@Bill Gates – I stand corrected, that is true! Long live the droid

Only thing the ipad is good for is for taking with you for a shit. Better than picking up a random screw fix or argos catalog

10. Posted by james dewitt February 15, 2012 at 1:31 pm

Mof can you please stop talking like you and everyone is a moron, is this an attempt to put readers at ease? It’s actually patronising and irritating.

“Well, if the mutterings are correct, the iPad 3 will have a quad-core processor and LTE compatibility. That’ll mean nothing to most of you and, in fairness, everyone at Bitterwallet too.”

This is almost as bad as your “sensible human” raspberry pi comment.

Surely anyone who takes more than a second to think about it would realise that “quad core” means four cores which is twice as much as dual core which most people have heard of.

The country is not completely filled with ill informed morons so stop talking like it is. Besides this is the internet, if we dont know something we can google it.

11. Posted by Capability Brown February 15, 2012 at 1:35 pm

Excuse me Dewitt, just because you’ve had intercourse with the lady on my royal wedding tea towel you cannot judge us all. I, for one, am an idiot. I have no clue what LTE, hard-core, or indeed iPad mean. I presume they all relate to my forthcoming lady bits?

Honestly, I’m tempted to go back to the Daily Mail website you know.

12. Posted by Marky Mark February 15, 2012 at 3:16 pm

@ James Dewitt

Maybe you’re right, maybe you’re not; but at least I haven’t got a ginger kid.

13. Posted by James Dewitt February 16, 2012 at 9:08 am

What do you mean? I don’t even have any children Ginger or otherwise.

14. Posted by Mike Hock February 16, 2012 at 11:48 am

Do you know, I never expected them to call it the iPad3

15. Posted by dai February 19, 2012 at 9:17 pm

@dewitt I’ll hold on for the octo-core version. That’ll be FOUR TIMES as much as dual core.

Twat.

16. Posted by Sicknote February 20, 2012 at 9:21 am

It’ll be the same shit as last time and this one will still be strung together with shitty shit itunes and your Apple Mac (whatever variety) will still crash in a day more often than an Essex girl can get her knickers down in one evening.

I always have a chuckle to myself at how many silly fuckers there on this planet who are prepared to spunk their cash on shit that doesn’t work properly.

17. Posted by Zleet February 20, 2012 at 1:43 pm

I predict very slight technological improvements with a hundred added to the price.

I also predict fat people in apple shirts and skinny people with nhs specs and soul patches screaming with joy at the launch like a paedophile at a Justin Bieber concert.